Newburgh Divorce, Custody and Visitation Modifications Lawyers

While a divorce decree is meant to be final, circumstances may arise that necessitate a change. It is essential that you work with an experienced attorney who can assist you with this process. If you seek a modification on your own, the courts may not approve it.

At our law firm, we are committed to providing dedicated legal counsel for clients in a wide range of family law matters. The lawyers at Greher Law Offices, P.C., have more than 40 years of experience and have successfully represented clients in matters such as divorce, custody, visitation and more.

Greher Law Offices, P.C. | Call 845-764-4268 | Schedule your free initial consultation

Modifications in New York

In New York, modifications can be made (determined by the court) if there is a significant change in circumstances. Our attorneys represent clients with regard to:

  • Visitation modifications: Parenting plans may be modified if there is a change in work hours for one parent, a parent has moved closer to his or her children or other circumstances.
  • Child custody modifications: Custody modifications may be made if circumstances have changed in one parent's employment, your children have become older or if one parent is seeking relocation.
  • Child support modifications: Changes in support may happen if one parent has a significant change in salary (increase or decrease), significant change in work hours or other situations.

Modifications cannot be made in spousal maintenance (alimony). Once spousal maintenance is determined, that amount will stay the same during the period for which the court has ordered maintenance to be paid.

Contact Our Orange County, New York, Child Support Modification Attorneys

Please contact the Newburgh divorce modification attorneys at Greher Law Offices, P.C., to schedule a free initial consultation. Call 845-764-4268 or 866-794-9313 today. Our office is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, with evening and weekend appointments available by request. Visa and MasterCard are accepted as payment for legal services.